12 May 2022 Update from Dorowa on...

 We had wonderful services at Dorowa. We started with 2 days of memorial services for one of Stanley's brothers. He was still quite young with a wife and 3 children. They had a time of greeting Friday morning that lasted for hours. I learned to greet in Shona. The older ladies who were local were there first. They were surprised that I would learn their greeting. They sang for me a song from Isaiah 40:31 and danced.  Friday night their pastor preached the service and many hearts were touched it was reported to me. They had me stay home Friday night and rest. It would have been disruptive for them to translate the service for me. 

Saturday morning we went back to the family site. This time I asked Rev Grace Ushe not to translate but give me the short version afterward. I was actually able to caych the meaning of some of it. Of course there was much singing and dancing. We had lunch of chicken, pap (similar to polenta) and greens. We went back to rest and prepare for the evening service. I preached and several people responded for prayer.

Sunday was another great day. Rev. Stanley Ushe, The District Superintendent I'm working under, preached this morning. His families land is here and his relatives go here. I gave English and Shona Bibles to the church for their members. One of the youth stayed up all night reading his new Bible. He was thanking God because he had been praying for a Bible.

I am attaching a few pictures. I hope the go on this internet.

Bulawayo people responding

Bulawayo worship team



At Bulawayo

Dorowa the meal from my 1st gift chicken

Youth opening their new Bibles

Homemade toy truck

My second chicken as a thank you gift

Dorowa Pastor Mansi and family

Pastor mentoring young men after church

Time of prayer

Giving English and Shona Bibles to the church at Dorowa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 April 2022