April 13, 2022 I am in Africa and I Have Internet

 Left Denver late at 0120 on April9 flying to JFK in New York City. I had a 4 hour layover that turned into 6. I missed my plane in Doha, although it might have been a blessing because they gave me a hotel room and food allowance. I was able to rest until the next morning when the next plane to Durban left. I arrived in Durban South Africa a little after 1800 in pouring rain. It had been raining the day before and really hard all day that day. Roads were flooded and some bridges washed out but we had one road into the area where I am staying. The 4 houses across the street and downhill by the creek were flooded and evacuated in the middle of the night. At least 45 people were killed. A friend said they haven't had rain and flooding like this since the mid 90's.

We looked for a few stores that were open. Even parts of the Mall were closed. Stanley found a Nando's open and we had lunch there. Yesterday it was mostly clear with just a few showers and today it has been partly cloudy with no rain. We have had no electricity  or water. They have been cooking outside in a small fireplace with wood. Using caught rainwater for the toilet. 

This afternoon we go to pick up my African Dresses. We are praying the electricity and water comes on soon.

Our Easter Camp starts Thursday night at Camp Jonathan. I understand they have electric and water. Prayer would be appreciated that people will come to celebrate the Risen Lord.

Hopefully more tomorrow. I will see how much data I used today.

Serving joyfully,

JoAnn

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

20 April 2022

29 May 2022